The COVID-19 virus is testing our country, our society and us as citizens. Everything normal about our daily lives has been put on hold. Life, health, and jobs are threatened.
In this critical moment, our task is to work together as a nation to solve one of the biggest crises of our lifetime. Hack the Crisis is an online hackathon organized by DIGG, Hack for Sweden, Openhack and The Swedish Government.
The mission is to design, test and execute ideas for the future of Sweden and the world. READ MORE HERE
Sensative contributes with Open Data Platform
This weekend Sensative will offer the 1000’s of participating hackers the possibility to publish datasets as open data, allowing teams to build Innovative solutions and App’s.
Useful data sets can be gathered through crowd-sourcing or come from available information sources or IoT networks; the home turf of Sensative.
The three steps to publish Open Data and make it publicly available:
- A form to collect data in for instance a crowd-source manner
- Automatic storage of the data in an international standard CKAN environment
- Data openly available through standard API “for anyone to use”
Included use case example
A simple “Local Farm Food” application that was built last week by the Civity team in the Netherlands.
The resulting example database can be seen here.
A Dashboard GIS Map example based on these data (as shown above).
This is a very simple use case, with one dataset. Be creative and combine these data with other data from other open data sources and invent something really useful!
Re-use – Edit – Improve
The source code for the form and all documentation is available: https://www.docs.civity.nl/docs/datacollection_introductie
All material can be re-used and edited.
Individual teams will get an own data storage environment through an individual API Key.
To get a key:
- This example is a quick hack lacking simple functionality like editing data that’s been posted.
- If your solution prototype has a life after the hackathon it will need more TLC. Let’s discuss how we together can take it into a permanent service!